Blog Archive

Followers

10 February 2011

Using 3DS Max Software

With only 3 main lessons to understand and grasp this new 3D design package and create our own rapid prototyped sample, I knew the learning would be intense and that I would be spending hours staring at a computer screen!

The 3DS Max software has a very easy to use interface with the majority of simple commands within three main menus placed on the right. The screen is divided into 4 main views which allows you to see your drawing in different perspectives. With tools such as Standard Primitives (Object Type), Modify and Array any constructed piece or pattern is achievable. It did help to take a lot of notes during class and have a good memory.

Below is a screen shot of a simple box which has been extended using Extrude and manipulated using Bevel.
Applying a tool called Turbosmooth allows the constructed piece to effectively be 'smoothed over' therefore creating a more rounded object.

Below is an example of using the Align - Spacing tool. A selected object can be placed on a single path and repeated round it.


Using these simple tools that I have learnt I hope to construct a connecting modular piece which is relevant to my current design project. I am really quite excited about putting my knowledge of this software into practice and producing an exciting and unusual model.

No comments:

Post a Comment